Thursday, April 24, 2014

One Thousand Gifts



I have finally started the book that inspired the Joy Dare I have been doing this year. The "dare" is to count up 1000 gifts though the course of the year, three gifts every day, intentionally stopping to see God where He meets us each day and to honor Him with our praise of thanksgiving. I've shared some of my Joy Dares, though I haven't been as consistent with it as I would like. BUT! I am starting a new project for May. I am going to blog through One Thousand Gifts. The book is part memoir, part spiritual thoughts. Only three chapters in, I am already finding the thoughts and stories permeating my mind and reminding me of the great gift of life and all the smaller gifts God takes great pleasure in giving us. I will write about the parts of the book that stand out most to me and speak to me. I loved my first project when I started this blog back in November, and I'm excited to do another one. I'm not sure if I'll write every day or a set number of times a week, but once I figure it out, I'll let you know!

I have created an Instagram account to go along with this project (and my blog in general). Find me at username sermonsfromstones! I'll be sharing Bible verses, pictures of my Joy Dare gifts, and quotes from One Thousand Gifts as I blog through it. Feel free to follow me and regram and share the hope and joy and peace that comes from the only Truth.

Stay tuned for May's project and get geared up for some serious joy!

No comments:

Post a Comment